Login

Username

Password

Register   Reset password

Get Cuyahoga at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Running Cuyahoga 1.x in IIS7 Options
martijnb
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 12:45:51 AM

Groups: Administration , Member

Cuyahoga 1.x (for example, 1.6.0) doesn't support integrated mode on IIS7. You'll have to use the Classic .NET Application Pool.
cinetofiaº
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:04:30 PM
Groups: Member

Hi Martijnb, I am trouble whitn cuyahoga installation.
1. i uploaded the site and it shows this error message:
http://67.201.13.195/$sitepreview/mayersmedical.com/

2.The server provider aplication pool is in pipeline classic .net but it doesn´t work

3. Do you know a server provider with experience in Cuyahoga sites?
goolz
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 12:32:15 AM

Due to this message
Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\vhosts\mayersmedical.com\httpdocs\web.config

Cause of error message
This problem occurs for one of the following reasons:

* You are using IIS 7.0 on a computer that is running Windows Vista. Additionally, you configure the Web site to use UNC Passthrough authentication to access a remote Universal Naming Convention (UNC) share.
* The IIS_IUSRS group does not have the appropriate permissions for the ApplicationHost.config file or for the Web.config file.

To resolve this problem, see Resolution.

Resolution :
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods.
Method 1
Do not configure the Web site to use UNC Passthrough authentication to access the remote UNC share. Instead, specify a user account that has the appropriate permissions to access the remote UNC share.
Method 2
Grant the Read permission to the IIS_IUSRS group for the ApplicationHost.config file or for the Web.config file. To do this, follow these steps:

1. In Windows Explorer, locate the ApplicationHost.config file that is associated with the Web site, or locate the Web.config file that is associated with the Web site.
2. Right-click the ApplicationHost.config file, or right-click the Web.config file.
3. Click Properties.
4. Click the Security tab, and then click Edit.
5. Click Add.
6. In the Enter the object names to select box, type computername\IIS_IUSRS, click Check Names, and then click OK.

Note Computername is a placeholder for the computer name.
7. Click to select the Read check box, and then click OK.
8. In the ApplicationHost.config Properties dialog box or in the Web.config Properties dialog box, click OK.
hostifex
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 3:36:45 PM

Hi,

Hostifex.com is mayersmedical hosting provider, we have checked the permissions of config.web, they are ok. We are using Windows server 2008 64 Bit with Windows Plesk 9.2. the application pool is set in classic .NET appPool and the IUSR_mayerme has read permissions. And still getting error: http://67.201.13.195/$sitepreview/mayersmedical.com/

Can you give us a clue.

Regards,
martijnb
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 2:16:04 AM

I still get an error message indicating that there are insufficient rights to read web.config. This can mean 2 things:
- either the permissions are set incorrectly
- or the site is not properly configured as an application in IIS so that it tries to read web.config from an uplevel directory.
Constructor
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 2:19:07 AM

Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions.

IIS does not have permission to read from the site directory.

Add read and write permissions to site directory.

Also make sure that you have an alias set for your test url in 'Site Edit' in the Admin area.
goolz
Posted: Sunday, June 6, 2010 7:53:39 AM

try this one:
give read an write permission to everyone , and check your site again
if it's solved try find out which user is right one
I had the same problem with plesk years ago , and it's better contact your host admin, and ask him.
zapotek
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2010 1:01:51 AM

hi guys

i finally managed to get Cuyahoga 1.6 work on IIS 7.5 dotnet 2.0 and 4.0 installed server 2008 machine.
i would like to share my some experiences to help any one who wants to run on above conf.

so, in almost three step (may be only for me, i'm not sure its enough but it worked)
1- like previous post that posted before i set the both the application pool and pipeline mode to classic
2- set the Classic .NET AppPool identity to LocalSystem from ApplicationPool tree in IIS manager
3- gave the read permission for httpdocs directory and its child for IUSR user (not IIS_IUSR)
and cuyahoga 1.6 run in iis7.5

But i have a question about some situations to get right info about security from masters.

1- i did not set the cuyahoga's index directory and Userfiles directory permissions to write permission but i able to save content and load images to structure and that folders. how can it be possible?

thanks in advance
hobbis
Posted: Friday, September 6, 2013 4:19:55 PM

I am migrating 1.6 sites to windows 2008 iis7.5 using classic mode and set permissions as above but all I get are 404 errors. Anyone have this problem? I always get them when viewing nodes as friendly urls.

Web Developer, Kent - Coolbytes
martijnb
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 4:45:46 AM

I suspect it has something to do with "Check that file exists". This should be unchecked somewhere.