Login

Username

Password

Register   Reset password

Get Cuyahoga at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Cuyahoga 2.0 Alpha Oct 2010 release Options
Constructor
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:12:35 AM
Groups: Administration , Member

Please post your experiences and/or issues regarding the latest release here.
fedor
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:46:22 AM
Groups: Member

John,

Thank you for the new release. I have installed the software and it looks pretty stable.

What is ETA of the production version?

Monkeyface
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:34:51 AM

I have also installed it... so far seems quite solid for me too.
I will try with Mono later today/tomorrow and let you know how far I get there.
Constructor
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:18:14 PM

Thanks guys. I have not checked the forum for about 36 hours. I was hoping not to have many issues and thankfully so far so good.

I do expect issues will arise as this is an alpha release and there are some bits that I have removed that need to be added back in for compatibility reasons (to enable upgrade from early versions). These are not required for Cuyahoga to work, just to enable earlier versions to work. I will not be adding them to my build.
Constructor
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:22:25 PM

fedor wrote:
John,

Thank you for the new release. I have installed the software and it looks pretty stable.

What is ETA of the production version?

The more people there are using and finding issues the faster development will be. This goes for the future also. Modules will also be released.

Ideas for future versions are also welcome.
Constructor
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:34:49 PM

Monkeyface wrote:
I have also installed it... so far seems quite solid for me too.
I will try with Mono later today/tomorrow and let you know how far I get there.

There are still the case sensitivity issues to deal with using Mono.

These will be done soon. Some input on what to look for would speed things along.
goolz
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2010 11:51:07 AM

hey john ,
nice job, I have posted an issue on issue tracker.
http://jira.cuyahoga-project.org:8080/jira/browse/CUY-198
Constructor
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:36:50 PM

I have made a new commit to the various repositories and released a new .zip of the source. Fixes include:

Fixed CUY-198: After creating new section , 'Create New Section' still remains - Thanks gools!
Fixed standalone section attach node and attach template issues.
Fixed back button validation issue on sections.
Monkeyface
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 5:02:21 AM

I'm having issues with the latest code even in VS2008 + MSSQL now sad

When creating the site it crashes:

Code:

An error occured while creating the site:
NHibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient valueCuyahoga.Core.Domain.Section.ModuleType at NHibernate.Engine.Nullability.CheckNullability(Object[] values, IEntityPersister persister, Boolean isUpdate) at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractSaveEventListener.PerformSaveOrReplicate(Object entity, EntityKey key, IEntityPersister persister, Boolean useIdentityColumn, Object anything, IEventSource source, Boolean requiresImmediateIdAccess) at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractSaveEventListener.PerformSave(Object entity, Object id, IEntityPersister persister, Boolean useIdentityColumn, Object anything, IEventSource source, Boolean requiresImmediateIdAccess) at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractSaveEventListener.SaveWithGeneratedId(Object entity, String entityName, Object anything, IEventSource source, Boolean requiresImmediateIdAccess) at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.SaveWithGeneratedOrRequestedId(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.EntityIsTransient(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.PerformSaveOrUpdate(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.OnSaveOrUpdate(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.FireSaveOrUpdate(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.SaveOrUpdate(Object obj) at Castle.Facilities.NHibernateIntegration.SessionDelegate.SaveOrUpdate(Object obj) at Cuyahoga.Core.DataAccess.CommonDao.SaveOrUpdateObject(Object obj) in D:\Cuyahoga\src\Cuyahoga.Core\DataAccess\CommonDao.cs:line 150 at Castle.Proxies.ICommonDaoProxycf6735abab4b4526983a789179be3d43.InvocationSaveOrUpdateObject_11.InvokeMethodOnTarget() at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed() at Castle.Facilities.AutomaticTransactionManagement.TransactionInterceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation) at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed() at Castle.Proxies.ICommonDaoProxycf6735abab4b4526983a789179be3d43.SaveOrUpdateObject(Object obj) at Cuyahoga.Web.Install.Install.CreateSite() in D:\Cuyahoga\src\Cuyahoga.Web\Install\Install.aspx.cs:line 285 at Cuyahoga.Web.Install.Install.BtnCreateSiteClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Cuyahoga\src\Cuyahoga.Web\Install\Install.aspx.cs:line 574

Under Mono with MySQL it also gets stuck at adding the site but with an "invalid transaction state" error.
Constructor
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 5:28:22 AM

Monkeyface wrote:

Under Mono with MySQL it also gets stuck at adding the site but with an "invalid transaction state" error.

Is it an issue that has appeared after the latest commit? or was the issue there before?
Monkeyface
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 6:47:48 AM

Constructor wrote:
Monkeyface wrote:

Is it an issue that has appeared after the latest commit? or was the issue there before?

Well, I've never been able to get the site creation bit to work under mono. It did seem to work on VS2008 + SQL Express with the previous build.
Constructor
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 8:33:48 AM

Monkeyface wrote:

Well, I've never been able to get the site creation bit to work under mono. It did seem to work on VS2008 + SQL Express with the previous build.

My version works fine with VS2008 & MSSQL. I have also PostgreSQL and MySQL version working. I have not done any testing on MONO. This will be done at a later date.
Monkeyface
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 5:07:38 AM

Constructor wrote:
Monkeyface wrote:

My version works fine with VS2008 & MSSQL. I have also PostgreSQL and MySQL version working. I have not done any testing on MONO. This will be done at a later date.

Did you use the version of MySQL in the lib folder or from your GAC?

I tried this on a completely different machine with the one in the lib folder and I still get an error on the installation (using Cuyahoga-2.0-Alpha-161010 in the VS2008 debugger)...

Code:

An error occured while creating the site:
NHibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient valueCuyahoga.Core.Domain.Section.ModuleType at NHibernate.Engine.Nullability.CheckNullability(Object[] values, IEntityPersister persister, Boolean isUpdate) at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractSaveEventListener.PerformSaveOrReplicate(Object entity, EntityKey key, IEntityPersister persister, Boolean useIdentityColumn, Object anything, IEventSource source, Boolean requiresImmediateIdAccess) at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractSaveEventListener.PerformSave(Object entity, Object id, IEntityPersister persister, Boolean useIdentityColumn, Object anything, IEventSource source, Boolean requiresImmediateIdAccess) at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractSaveEventListener.SaveWithGeneratedId(Object entity, String entityName, Object anything, IEventSource source, Boolean requiresImmediateIdAccess) at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.SaveWithGeneratedOrRequestedId(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.EntityIsTransient(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.PerformSaveOrUpdate(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.OnSaveOrUpdate(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.FireSaveOrUpdate(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.SaveOrUpdate(Object obj) at Castle.Facilities.NHibernateIntegration.SessionDelegate.SaveOrUpdate(Object obj) at Cuyahoga.Core.DataAccess.CommonDao.SaveOrUpdateObject(Object obj) in D:\Downloads\Cuyahoga-2.0-Alpha-161010\Cuyahoga.Core\DataAccess\CommonDao.cs:line 150 at Castle.Proxies.ICommonDaoProxyb27b7d0bf92945128fa0de6858bc96db.InvocationSaveOrUpdateObject_11.InvokeMethodOnTarget() at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed() at Castle.Facilities.AutomaticTransactionManagement.TransactionInterceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation) at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed() at Castle.Proxies.ICommonDaoProxyb27b7d0bf92945128fa0de6858bc96db.SaveOrUpdateObject(Object obj) at Cuyahoga.Web.Install.Install.CreateSite() in D:\Downloads\Cuyahoga-2.0-Alpha-161010\Cuyahoga.Web\Install\Install.aspx.cs:line 285 at Cuyahoga.Web.Install.Install.BtnCreateSiteClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Downloads\Cuyahoga-2.0-Alpha-161010\Cuyahoga.Web\Install\Install.aspx.cs:line 574

Constructor
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 5:39:56 AM

Monkeyface wrote:

Did you use the version of MySQL in the lib folder or from your GAC?

I tried this on a completely different machine with the one in the lib folder and I still get an error on the installation (using Cuyahoga-2.0-Alpha-161010 in the VS2008 debugger)...

I will check this on a different machine.
Monkeyface
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:43:01 AM

OK, I have this running now on both VS2008 and Mono... but only with PostgreSQL. It doesn't install on MySQL or SQL Express for me on 2 different machines. I had to make some minor changes to get it to run on mono, most notably some case sensitivity issues (Css/css, FCKeditor/fckeditor, some others I can't recall) and commenting out "FixAppDomainRestartWhenTouchingFiles".

I've started looking at the modules... so far I have partially got the forum working but it gives hibernate errors when I try to create categories, I'll have another look tonight.

Do you have an example for how the package installer works yet?
Also, it seems the user membership and roles is all in the core - is there any chance we could move this out to an interface which is implemented by the web project? That way we could have custom membership providers that hook into LDAP, OpenID etc? Joomla has a nice example of how that can work. On those lines we'd also need to change the admin interface to allow groups to be added/removed from access with a listbox rather than just list the whole lot with tickboxes.

Constructor
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 9:01:44 AM

This weekend I have been working on Cuyahoga. It has been a while since I have been able to spend any significant time on it but I hope now to get things moving again.

I have made and I fixed a few bugs that various people have sent me. Some of these changes were to fix compatibility issues with Mono.

I have the latest version here running locally using IIS, Mono, MS SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL. The version of Mono I have this working with is 2.6.7. The Database is currently mysql 5.1.50-win32. It installs without issue and I can l use as normal without problems so far. Although this does not constitute real solid testing it is a start and seems quite solid so far.

I did have to change a few jQuery selectors as Mono seems to render some element id's differently to Microsoft ASP.NET.

I will post details and how to get the code after some tidying etc.

Modules are next. Hopefully all of them (and some new).
Constructor
Posted: Friday, February 4, 2011 1:59:15 PM

I have pushed the latest files (lateembarrassed sorry)

Get them here: https://github.com/constructor/Cuyahoga

I will update SourceForge when they finally send me my reset login details. Apparently there was an attack of some kind that led to password reset.

This version installs and runs without issue on my local machine in Mono and PostgreSQL and MySQL as well as the usual .Net and SQL Server. I know this is not extensive testing but it is as good as it gets on one machine.