Login

Username

Password

Register   Reset password

Get Cuyahoga at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Issue List for July 2010 Build Options
Yeorwned
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:29:28 AM
Groups: Member

Starting a thread to track the testing issues unless there is a bug tracker already set for version 2.x I haven't found yet...

The CityLights template is missing control files. Reproducable by selecting this template on the add child page admin screen. I'm guessing it was only a temporary test template, as there are no placeholders for the template either.
Code:
The file '/Controls/Navigation/HierarchicalMenu.ascx' does not exist.

There is a random module left in the repository that creates a module named "obj" which is marked as uninstalled. No clue where it came from but I don't see it in the SQL import files.

When adding a new site, the section with a group box labeled Defaults contains a second break inside the box which causes the placeholder description to appear as if a strike-through font has been applied. This same appearance is also shown on the authorization groupbox listed on various administration pages. CSS issue.

So far, I've been unable to add alias' to sites, as valid entry nodes are not listed in the drop down box when creating the alias.

I've been unable to get the languageswitcher or downloads to actually render on a page when added as a section to a page containing an article module. Only the title will render.

The downloads module fails to upload files, stating that a file is required when a full path has already been selected using browse.

The search module doesn't let you specify a results page anymore like in 1.6. Also when making a search, if the no results are found, the application throws a keynotfoundexception which is unhandled.

The "View the current site" button doesn't work on the edit section page. Instead, the text-tool appears on the cursor and there is no hyperlink. Logout still works on this page.

An enhancement I'd love to see is when editing a node, if you then proceed to edit a section or add a section, you can only return to the previous page using the back buttons. It would be a fun feature to be able to click on the node page in the left navigation and return to the main node page, rather than being locked out. At least, after adding the page, return back to the node page rather than displaying the success message on the creation page.

turtel
Constructor
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:35:45 AM
Groups: Administration , Member

The controls for navigation are removed. If one of the temporary templates still have references then you can remove them. I will ensure all is cleaned up later tonight on the repository.

The "obj" folder is used to store temporary object files and other files used to create the final binary. They appear in various places around the solution. If one appears in the modules folder it will be listed as a module when it is not. This is noted.

Thanks for the other findings.

Maybe we should set it on Jira. I will take a look.
Constructor
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 11:02:59 AM

Yeorwned
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 11:06:12 AM

I reposted these in Jira but I believe I assigned them to Unreleased 2.0 Beta 1 by mistake. Cannot edit them.

turtel
Constructor
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 11:21:59 AM

Yeorwned wrote:
I reposted these in Jira but I believe I assigned them to Unreleased 2.0 Beta 1 by mistake. Cannot edit them.

That's ok, fixed it. Put new ones in 'Cuyahoga 2010'.
Constructor
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:17:53 PM

Updated git, svn and Jira.
Constructor
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:55:00 PM

webolize
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:24:37 AM

I just added bugs CUY-182 and CUY-183, but don't see them under the Cuyahoga 2010 summary.

In addition to the bugs, a couple of things I noticed while compiling:
- The new cuyahoga 2.0 is still using "Classic" application memory mode instead of "integrated pipeline".

- Also, some of the projects seem to require that ASP.NET MVC is installed to open using VS2008:
Code:
I had an issue when trying to open the solution saying that the "Project type is unknown" for web, modules, modules.downloads, and modules.articles.

I think the real solution would be to install ASP.NET MVC 1 (I tried installing asp.net mvc 2 rtm, which did not solve this error).

The quick fix which will allow you to compile, but won't give you MVC options in the visual studio is to remove the GUID (603c0e0b-db56-11dc-be95-000d561079b0) for the project type from the csproj files.

[url=http://weblogs.asp.net/leftslipper/archive/2009/01/20/opening-an-asp-net-mvc-project-without-having-asp-net-mvc-installed-the-project-type-is-not-supported-by-this-installation.aspx]More info[/url]
Constructor
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:53:07 AM

webolize wrote:
I just added bugs CUY-182 and CUY-183, but don't see them under the Cuyahoga 2010 summary.

In addition to the bugs, a couple of things I noticed while compiling:
- The new cuyahoga 2.0 is still using "Classic" application memory mode instead of "integrated pipeline".

- Also, some of the projects seem to require that ASP.NET MVC is installed to open using VS2008:
Code:
I had an issue when trying to open the solution saying that the "Project type is unknown" for web, modules, modules.downloads, and modules.articles.

I think the real solution would be to install ASP.NET MVC 1 (I tried installing asp.net mvc 2 rtm, which did not solve this error).

The quick fix which will allow you to compile, but won't give you MVC options in the visual studio is to remove the GUID (603c0e0b-db56-11dc-be95-000d561079b0) for the project type from the csproj files.

[url=http://weblogs.asp.net/leftslipper/archive/2009/01/20/opening-an-asp-net-mvc-project-without-having-asp-net-mvc-installed-the-project-type-is-not-supported-by-this-installation.aspx]More info[/url]

I have just updated the various repositories and the file archive download with the changes. The MVC project type GUID has been removed. I have also removed the VS2005 projects as I have never used them.
Constructor
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:52:39 PM

Monkeyface
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 6:53:10 AM

OK, I've finally found some time to test out the latest code...

I must say I am really impressed with Constructors overhaul happy
I do sort of miss the new interface and the MVC approach but I think what we have there now really does work and the AJAX stuff looks really sharp.

I had no problems at all with building and running on VS2008 with SQL Express, everything worked smoothly and I didn't have any crashes out of the box.

Some points/comments:

- Something that struck me as needed is a package upload mechanism for templates and modules, but I guess thats already on the roadmap?

- All the web projects are set to start up every time so about 4 or 5 debug servers load up when you hit F5. I changed this in my local solution so that only the web site itself will start (right click each project and turn it off in the properties window)

One issue I have been experiencing though is that if I drop all the tables in the database and restart Cuya2 in the debugger it still seems to think it's installed and gives missing table errors rather than offering to install. There doesn't seem to be anything in the sitedata folder though. Is there some other place it's looking that I've missed?

Good news also is that I've had some success getting the new version to run on Mono with PostgreSQL happy
So far I have translated all the latest SQL scripts into PostgreSQL and made some minor code changes to deal with mono incompatibilities and it gets as far as installing successfully and logging in. The CSS is broken though when logged in, so I haven't been able to use the interface. I suspect it might be to do with case sensitivity so I'll explore that later.
Constructor
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:42:17 AM

Monkeyface wrote:
OK, I've finally found some time to test out the latest code...

I must say I am really impressed with Constructors overhaul happy
I do sort of miss the new interface and the MVC approach but I think what we have there now really does work and the AJAX stuff looks really sharp.

That is great to hear.

Monkeyface wrote:

I had no problems at all with building and running on VS2008 with SQL Express, everything worked smoothly and I didn't have any crashes out of the box.

So is that happy

Some points/comments:

Monkeyface wrote:

- Something that struck me as needed is a package upload mechanism for templates and modules, but I guess thats already on the roadmap?

Yes.

Monkeyface wrote:

One issue I have been experiencing though is that if I drop all the tables in the database and restart Cuya2 in the debugger it still seems to think it's installed and gives missing table errors rather than offering to install. There doesn't seem to be anything in the sitedata folder though. Is there some other place it's looking that I've missed?

To do a full re-install locally for testing:

1) Close browsers.
2) Run CCleaner.
3) Drop the db and re-create again with the same db name.
4) Rebuild the web project.
5) Run it in the browser.

This works for me every time. Sometimes I have what seems to be cache issues.

Monkeyface wrote:

Good news also is that I've had some success getting the new version to run on Mono with PostgreSQL happy
So far I have translated all the latest SQL scripts into PostgreSQL and made some minor code changes to deal with mono incompatibilities and it gets as far as installing successfully and logging in.

That's also good to hear. I have done no testing for these platforms so far.

Monkeyface wrote:

The CSS is broken though when logged in, so I haven't been able to use the interface. I suspect it might be to do with case sensitivity so I'll explore that later.

I am very interested to hear what the problem is. I will be posting another update in the next 24 hours. It contains more bug fixes.
modark
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:30:29 AM

1. Solution opened in VS2010. OK
2. Build the solution! OK, 0 errors, 1 warning ”Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Cuyahoga.Web". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.”
3. Installation: (SQLEXPRESS 2010)
a. Build-in server VS2010: OK
b. IIS6: OK
c. IIS7 Classic mode: OK
4. Log in: OK
5. Admin and template UI: excellent ;-) I prefer smaller fields, icons, buttons and fonts for the admin. There is a lot of unused space and I you have to do a lot of scrolling ;-)

6. Duplicating a page: ”An error occured: could not insert: Cuyahoga.Core.Domain.Section][SQL: INSERT INTO cuyahoga_section (updatetimestamp, title, cssclass, placeholder, position, cacheduration, showtitle, siteid, nodeid, moduletypeid) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?); select SCOPE_IDENTITY()]”.
a. The page is copied but the sections gives the error.
7. Adding a new page: “An error occured: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
8. Adding a section to page: Authorization roles not set to defaults!
9. Add New Role: when checking some role items gives an error.
10. Adding a new site, the default role = administrator, I prefer” authenticated user” as default.
11. Static HTML: title field not showing on page.
12. Static HTML: after saving it’s better to go back to page directly to see changed directly on page.
13. Why not separate the modules in the Cuyahoga.Modules into independent modules like Cuyahoga.Module.Content, Cuyahoga.Module.Account, etc.
14. Some module copies an “obj” directory in to “Modules”, which in listed in the Admin  modules list.
15. Edit profile: http://localhost:8080/7/section.aspx/EditProfile css broken.
16. DB: Cuyahoga_template and cuyahoga_site are related to each other in “both sides”. I don’t like this approach, I prefer a . I prefer a cross table between these tables.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Constructor
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 10:58:20 AM

If possible could any findings be posted on jira, it makes it a bit easier to track them: Jira for the test version:

http://jira.cuyahoga-project.org:8080/jira/browse/CUY/fixforversion/10060

modark wrote:

1. Solution opened in VS2010. OK
6. Duplicating a page: ”An error occured: could not insert: Cuyahoga.Core.Domain.Section][SQL: INSERT INTO cuyahoga_section (updatetimestamp, title, cssclass, placeholder, position, cacheduration, showtitle, siteid, nodeid, moduletypeid) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?); select SCOPE_IDENTITY()]”.

Fixed. Nodes and sections now require a site.

modark wrote:

a. The page is copied but the sections gives the error.

Fixed.

modark wrote:

7. Adding a new page: “An error occured: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

Fixed.

modark wrote:

8. Adding a section to page: Authorization roles not set to defaults!

Fixed.

modark wrote:

9. Add New Role: when checking some role items gives an error.

Fixed.

modark wrote:

10. Adding a new site, the default role = administrator, I prefer” authenticated user” as default.

Fixed.

modark wrote:

11. Static HTML: title field not showing on page.

Works for me when 'Show section title' is ticked.

modark wrote:

12. Static HTML: after saving it’s better to go back to page directly to see changed directly on page.

Fixed.

modark wrote:

15. Edit profile: http://localhost:8080/7/section.aspx/EditProfile css broken.

Fixed. Just a small template css overflow omission.

Thanks for those. I have found and fixed more. I will post the latest version as soon as I clean up this version a bit more.
Constructor
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 2:41:06 PM

Monkeyface
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 3:04:26 AM

Constructor wrote:

To do a full re-install locally for testing:

1) Close browsers.
2) Run CCleaner.
3) Drop the db and re-create again with the same db name.
4) Rebuild the web project.
5) Run it in the browser.

This works for me every time. Sometimes I have what seems to be cache issues.

I should clarify that I'm seeing this both on VS2008+Express and Mono+PostgreSQL when trying to debug. It keeps trying to load old objects and complaining.

The above steps seem to work on windows for me too, which helps (if a little fiddly), but on Mono I am finding I have to clear out the database and rebuild multiple times before it "forgets" about a previous install and lets me install again.
I can only assume the NHibernate framework is keeping old objects and they aren't getting pulled down when the app shuts down and then they stick around somewhere for the next run? I don't get where they would hide though if the application lifecycle is over.
Monkeyface
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 3:05:46 AM

modark wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too... thought it was a bit odd hehe happy
Constructor
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 4:20:17 AM

Monkeyface wrote:
modark wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too... thought it was a bit odd hehe happy

This was an oversight and not intentional wink

It is now fixed along with many other issues.
modark
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 2:15:54 AM

Bonjour,

I justed did some testing of the latest version and it works great. lot of issues are solved.

I also upgraded the complete solution to 4.0 and all WORKS fine!
(Cuyahoga.Core has some issues, so left it on 3.5, the rest is 4.0)

I found 1 little bug in the articles module > add new category geerated a "truncated" error. This issue is reported on jira (weird application, not really user friendly devil )

Feature requests:
1. An Upload functionality for (Zipped) Modules. The same way as uploading new Templates. Now modules must be copied by hand or through build events.

@constructor: very Good work angel

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Constructor
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 3:57:24 AM

modark wrote:
Bonjour,
I justed did some testing of the latest version and it works great. lot of issues are solved.

I also upgraded the complete solution to 4.0 and all WORKS fine!
(Cuyahoga.Core has some issues, so left it on 3.5, the rest is 4.0)

When this version is fully working I will be testing for use with 4.0 and looking at new features.

modark wrote:

I found 1 little bug in the articles module > add new category geerated a "truncated" error. This issue is reported on jira (weird application, not really user friendly devil )

I will fix this. Thanks for posting it. I was hoping to find many more bugs but maybe they are just not there. happy

modark wrote:

Feature requests:
1. An Upload functionality for (Zipped) Modules. The same way as uploading new Templates. Now modules must be copied by hand or through build events.

This is currently in the pipeline.

modark wrote:

@constructor: very Good work angel

Thanks.