Login

Username

Password

Register   Reset password

Get Cuyahoga at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Using MonoDevelop Options
Henry@Heffsoft
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2008 4:13:31 PM
Groups: Member

Hi everyone, I have been playing around with ASP sites on IIS for a while, using Visual Web Developer. But I wanted a low cost server and have switched to an Ubuntu based server running from home. I have managed to get Cuyahoga 0.9.0 bin running (with a few issues). However I have had NO luck at all compiling the source with MonoDevelop, It is a big issue for me to work on a Windows machine as I only have Ubuntu for my main laptop. If anyone has any advice for getting Cuyahoga source working in MonoDevelop on Ubuntu I would greatly appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance....
martijnb
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2008 11:57:07 PM

Groups: Administration , Member

At least, grab the latest version from sourceforge: 1.5.2. It works on Mono 1.2.6 (also tested on Ubuntu btw).

On Linux, I always use NAnt to build Cuyahoga. Never tried MonoDevelop. The source package contains instructions on how to build Cuyahoga with NAnt (Install.txt).

gedw99
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:45:32 AM

henry,

i woudl like to use MonoDevelop too. They just did a v1 release i believe.

as i undertsand it they actually support vs solution & proj files.

But asp.net and run tiem debugging is not there yet.
correct me if i am wrong.

At this point you coudl do all asp.net related development for Cuya in mono develop !!!

G

if your doing it hard your probably doing it the wrong way....
Henry@Heffsoft
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:05:35 PM

Ok, loving the fact that I got responses, but, now its all screwed up. I downloaded the latest release from sourceforge. Built and deployed using Nant ( not even bothering with Monodevelop at this point). Copied the output to a web directory, modified the web settings, restarted server just to be sure. Now, I have a non functional Cuyahoga install.
Browser shows : "Cannot find type Cuyahoga.Web.Global File name: /var/www/Web/Global.asax Line: 1 Source Error: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs"Inherits="Cuyahoga.Web.Global" %>

Help sad please, help.....
webolize
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:29:04 PM

Hmm, Does the version you downloaded contain precompiled dll's?
(So in your bin directory there should exist a Cuyahoga.Web.dll and a bunch of other dlls)

I love MonoDevelop (currently running on windows). It doesn't support graphic asp editing, but has great codebehind (cs files) support and SVN integrated.

Eli
martijnb
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 12:33:00 AM

Groups: Administration , Member

Henry@Heffsoft wrote:
Now, I have a non functional Cuyahoga install.
Browser shows : "Cannot find type Cuyahoga.Web.Global File name: /var/www/Web/Global.asax Line: 1 Source Error: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs"Inherits="Cuyahoga.Web.Global" %>

The error indicates that Cuyahoga.Web.dll can't be loaded from the /bin directory. The recommended procedure with NAnt is to do 'nant deploy' and copy all files and directories from the build directory (the one where Global.asax is located) to the web directory.
Also check the application root. In your case, is this /var/www/ or /var/www/Web/? The /bin directory must be directly under that.